Friday, March 21, 2014

I Am the Queen of Sticky Notes

They're everywhere...


On the fridge.
Stuck to the kitchen cabinets.
On the computer.
No surface has been safe so from all my little reminders to breathe. To smile.


They remind me to remember that even though he's no longer be with me in this life, the feelings we shared will never fade. I will always carry him in my heart.


So I leave little reminders to have courage. To hang in there.


I wonder if they're doing me any good. A friend says that these must be working, or I wouldn't be making them. Maybe they are having a positive influence on me.

Whenever I think of something I need to keep repeating to myself I grab a notepad and write it down. Whenever I begin to feel like everything is hopeless and I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel I try to write myself an encouraging note. Whenever I want to focus on the sort of energy I want to bring into my life I write it down. I am capable. I am creative. I am confident.

Sometimes I just have to remind myself that I can be strong, even if I  have a lot of trouble believing it.



That's when the notes are most important.

I think I'll continue pasting them all over the house for a while.

At least until I run out of surfaces.


No comments:

Post a Comment