Saturday, January 4, 2014

64 Days

64 days.

I don’t really have anything to blog this afternoon, except to mark that it has been 64 days, and that felt significant to me. We always liked 64. It was the year we were both born, Jeff near the beginning of the year, me close to the end, so of course that made the whole year special. 64 was something we had in common. 64 was the number we always took notice of, if we saw it somewhere. We allowed it to be the number that would remind us we needed to pay attention to what was going on around us so we wouldn’t miss anything.

I haven’t been counting off the exact number of days since he died, not since the first month. I’ve tracked weeks, but not days. I knew it was 9 weeks on Friday. It’s been two months. When I looked up the days this morning it made me pause for a moment. Sixty four. It makes me wonder if the universe is telling me to be extra observant today. To watch for something I don’t want to miss. Maybe it’s just that extra reminder that we should always be paying attention to the world around us.

64 days, Jeff. What do you want me to know today?

No comments:

Post a Comment